Google's app store continues to grow. And just like every month we bring you the top 5 apps worth having on your device, here are the best apps for this the mont.
Chrome Remote Desktop
Securely access your computers from your Android device.
• On each of your computers, set up remote access using the Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/remotedesktop
• On your Android device, open the app and tap on any of your online computers to connect.
Google's Chrome Remote provides effortless access to your desktop computer from your Android device. After you have synced your Android device with your PC, you can pan around the desktop, pinch to zoom in and even type away on the keyboard. Multiple pairing is also possible just in case you have more than one in the house.
IFTT recently arrived on Android. IFTTT or "if this, then that" is an app that brings together a plethora on online services. Using the app you can create all sorts of useful automatic actions like e-mail yourself a copy of every text message, flip Hue or WeMo lights with your phone and much more. Having been around the iOS block for quite some time, If This Then That (IFTTT), a powerful automation service, finally made its way to Android. Each available channel within IFTTT contains “recipes.” These recipes act at a set of triggers (the “if this” part) and actions (the “then that” part). For example, if you update your status on Facebook (if this), a status update also gets posted on Twitter (then that).
Scanbot PDF Scanner
Want to get rid of your scanner? Just download the Scanbot PDF Scanner app. This app simply scans your documents using the camera at the resolution of up to 200dpi. Once scanned, you can save the scanned documents to Evernote, Dropbox, GoogleDrive and OneDrive.
Scanbot is your premium mobile scanner app. Create premium quality PDF scans. Send them via email or upload them to Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote and other cloud services.
• Create premium quality PDF scans with over 200 dpi (like modern desktop scanners)
• Cloud integration: Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, OneDrive, Telekom Cloud, WebDAV and Yandex.Disk
• Automatic edge detection and scanning
• Multi-page documents
• Color modes
• Automatic optimization
• Smart background upload
• Lightning fast
• Beautifully designed
Scan Premium QUALITY
Scanbot relies on the latest and most advanced mobile scanning technology available. Your scans are delivered at a premium quality with over 200 dpi, which is comparable to the performance of modern desktop scanners. In addition, various color modes, auto optimization and blur-reduction help you to get the most out of your scans.
Scanbot is blazing fast. Just hold your Android phone over any document, receipt or whiteboard and it takes only a second to scan a page and save it as a PDF. Thanks to Scanbot's latest scanning technology, the edges of the document are automatically identified so that only the document itself is scanned. Scanbot captures the best possible image in the perfect moment. You don't have to do anything!
Scanbot works on all occasions with all kinds of media. Scan any kind of document such as standard paper documents, business cards, receipts, notes, whiteboards or newspaper articles. Scanbot helps you save the documents that are important for you and get rid of paper clutter – no matter whether you are in the supermarket, at work or on holidays.
Scan to the CLOUD
Scanned documents can be emailed, printed or uploaded to a supported cloud drive. If you enable automatic upload, Scanbot will automatically save your scans to your preferred cloud service right in the moment your PDF scan has been created. Supported cloud drives:
• Google Drive
• Telekom Cloud
Be sure that we'll add more cloud drives in the future.
How Scanbot makes your life easier...
• Scan any document that is important for you: invoices, receipts, business cards, tickets, meeting minutes, whiteboard notes, newspaper articles, contracts, travel vouchers etc.
• Process your scans effectively and efficiently: Email, print or automatically upload your scans to your favorite cloud drive.
• Save time and money: get premium quality scans in the widely accepted PDF format in over 200 dpi – there's no need to buy a huge and expensive desktop scanner.
• While traveling: scan tickets, boarding passes, IDs or receipts on the go. Never have the feeling again you missed a document when arriving at your destination or at home.
• Students: How often did you forget what your professor wrote the whiteboard or flipchart in that last lecture? With Scanbot you can capture and share the notes with your fellow colleagues instantaneously.
• Business: Scanbot helps you scan your invoices, receipts, contracts, meeting minutes or other business documents. Scanning multiple pages lets you even create one PDF scan out of a multi-page contract.
This app lets you take two pictures at once using both the front and rear cameras. The photo can either be clicked as a single snap shot or two separate images. You can also write captions, add locations and places of interest on the picture. It supports Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. With Frontback you take a photo with the front camera, another with the back camera, and share them both in a single image. Frontback is the most delightful way to tell a story with photos. Frontback is a fantastic community (1M+) of people who love being creative or just sharing their daily life, be part of it, take amazing photos to share with your friends and with people around the world! Frontback is a fun new camera app! This is an initial Android version
• Capture your best moments using both front and back cameras.
• Write short captions mentioning @friends and #hashtags.
• Add location such as restaurants, museums, or music festivals.
• Share instantly via SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, email, and more.
• See all your friends' photos or explore the most entertaining photo community on the planet!
• Swipe horizontally to switch between the front and back cameras.
• Swipe vertically to flip the top and bottom panes.
• After the photo is taken, swipe horizontally to flip backwards text.
• Tap any photo for the retake option.
• Try the self-timer for even more creativity or group photos.
Avast! Mobile Security
avast! Free Mobile Security gives you mobile antivirus protection and mobile tracking while concealing itself from would-be thieves. avast! Free Mobile Security is an avast! mobile app for your Android mobile phone. It is a security solution which consists of a reliable antivirus scanner that keeps your device safe from malware and other malicious software. In addition, its more remarkable feature is its Anti-Theft component, which provides remote options and helps you locate your lost or stolen mobile phone.
The download of avast! Free Mobile Security comes with a wide range of advanced features that are not currently found in other similar security products, either if these products are free or you have to pay for them. For example, this Android mobile app provides privacy reports, calls and SMS filtering, SIM change notification, contacts backup or SMS scanning.
MOBILE SECURITY | ANTIVIRUS FOR ANDROID
■ Antivirus Engine: Scan installed apps, memory card content, and new apps automatically upon first use. Schedule automatic scans for when you sleep. Scan & remove viruses. Includes SMS/file scanning, for complete mobile security.
■ Privacy Report & Apps Manager: Get insights about installed apps and understand your apps’ access rights and intentions.
■ SMS/Call Filtering & Blocker: Retain your privacy with. Block numbers you don’t want to be able contact you.
■ Web Shield: Blocks spyware and malware-infected links (for safe web browsing) and even USSD numbers (which have the ability to wipe your device memory). Also fixes mistyped URLs.
■ Network Meter: Measures incoming/outgoing data transfers.
■ Firewall (rooted devices only): Block hackers from getting in.
■ App Locking: Lock any 2 apps with PIN/gesture (unlimited in Premium).
■ Backup: Allows backup of contacts, SMS/call logs, and photos (Premium version provides backup of music, video, and apps).
FIND MY PHONE | ANTI-THEFT FOR ANDROID
The best free cell phone tracker on the market. If you’re thinking “How can I find my Android?” you can use its cell phone locator features to find it, control it remotely, and much more.
■ Control your Android remotely via a web-based interface or SMS (to later control your phone remotely, go to: http://my.avast.com).
■ Locate your phone on a map.
■ Lock device, activate siren, or wipe memory to keep your private data safe.
■ Get notification of a SIM card change